Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Two for Tuesday

I have had a pretty great day today.

Tuesdays is weigh in and I really wasn't sure how it would go. I had next to no exercise last week and on Saturday I decided to just enjoy myself and not worry about tracking when I was at a work function. Apparently the days leading up to the weekend still counted for something because I am down another 1.4 lbs bringing the total to 12lbs...not to shabby at all!

I also offically started the couch to 5k today! I bought my runners on the weekend and set myself a plan of action. Monday and Wednesdays I will continue to aquasize with my Operation Get Hot buddies and then Tuesday, Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings I will work the 5k program. Fridays will likely be a free day and whatever happens happens. Sundays are always busy days as I hang out with my great-niece and nephew( 3 and just over 18 month) so there is plenty of activity to be had lol.

I decided that during the week I would head out as soon as I got home from work.. so I did today. Grabbed a quick high protien snack, laced up the shoes , leashed up Buster and away we went. I think of the 20 minutes that I was out there I jogged about 5 minutes total and HOLY CRAP! I can not believe that my body can actaully sweat that much. The program has you walking then jogging for 2 minutes... my jogging stints were much shorter but overall I think I did really good. There is a little park by my house that has a figure 8 path in that is going to be just perfect... just have to grab a pedometer and figure out how long the path actually is so I can judge.

I am so not one to do things like this on my own. I am so proud of myself for just stepping right out of my comfort zone and following through with my plan. I know its not gonna be an easy road but in the end I think it will be a very rewarding one :)




No comments:

Post a Comment