Thursday, June 4, 2009

Buster and I are going to run 5k

Yes you read the title right lol. I have a very dear friend who is also on a journey to a healtheir her. I have watched her progress and have been amazed at how well shes done. One of her goals was to runa 5k and she found a website designed for couch potatoes to start from nothing and in just over 2 months run up to 5k.

So I looked at the site, I talked to Jay, I talked to friends, I went to the site many more times and then thought I can do this. If I set my mind to it I can do it. I looked at 5k runs in Edmonton and found the Run for the Cure on Oct. 4 So a little longer than the time laid out on the site which I thought was great because I could go a little slower.

All I can say after this evening is HOLY CRAP. I am not sure that Oct will be doable but I won't make a final decsion until I am a few weeks in.

We went for a walk after supper and when we were on one of the trails I said to jay time me. And off Buster and I went ( he by the way barely broke a fast walk to my jog lol); I quit after what I was sure was at least 2 minutes and it was 30 seconds a lousy 30 seconds lol.

I did 30 seconds 3 more times for a whopping total of 2 minutes through the one hour walk. And man am I sweating and my heart was just a going. I think that as more weight comes off it will get easier and I also think it will be easier once I have good runners (I have none right now and tried tonight in my sandles) I also think that I need to try at the beginning of the walk or in following the plan just do the 20 minutes and call it good. I feel really good though overall... just shocked at how beat I am lol

So its out there for the world to see. I, Kerri Kelly, am going to train to run a 5k. How CRAZY isa that lol!

1 comment:

  1. WOW Kerri! Go you! It only takes a spark to get the fire going! Running is something I never have done but I have been trying to at least jog a few seconds each time I walk. YOU CAN DO IT and we will be here cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete