Sunday, May 24, 2009

Thank God for Activity Points...

cause otherwise today would have been bad! I was part of a competition for work today that required tons of fast paced walking through the mall and boy oh boy am I glad for it. I estimate between my time at the mall plus hanging out with my family and taking a walk that I earned about 18 activity points... and yup I ate them all too. For lunch I had a small serving of ginger beef and chow main thinking it wouldn't be bad... numm well that little plate cost me 14 points. Then there was the ice cream cone which I knew was 7 points befor eating it but I wanted a little treat.Then it was wings and pizza for supper...thats where the bad came in! Who would thought that 3 little wings would add up to 9 freaking points or that my 2 slices of pizza would be 14. I knew they wouldn't be the lowest in points but OYYYY! So I ate my 35 points PLUS 18 more points making it a grand total of 53 points UGH

Today taught me that taking a little break is really not going to be the best choice. If I decide to have a "treat" meal then the rest of the day is going to take extra planning so I don't start heading down that slippery slope. It also taught me that junk is just that junk. I ate a crazy amount of points today and none of it was really all that healthy. Tasted good but then doesn't everything that is bad for us. I am sitting here wanting a snack soooo bad and I am fighting the urge. I don't need to eat by any means but I sure WANT to eat. I will be curious to see what the scale says on Tuesday. I have done really well all week and haven't eaten and of my activity points and used about 1/2 of my flex. Today starts a fresh week as far as the flex points go and my goal is not try not to use any this week.

I need to come up with a plan for Friday as I am going to a pot luck... hopefully there will be lots of good foods to choose from and possibly then I can use a few flex points if needed.

Tomorrow is a new day and one that is well planned out for every meal and snack which will certainly help get me right back on track!




2 comments:

  1. I am not on WW but I am at the same weight you are so I can identify. There are some wonderful, supportive folks out there that are doing the same thing and it is great getting comments and tips from others. Look forward to following your success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that you stopped by my blog. Thanks for reading. I'll definitely be reading yours on a regular basis! I look forward to being a part of your journey & hope I can be an encouragement to you. Thanks for joining me on my journey too!

    ReplyDelete