Monday, May 25, 2009

Proud of myself

Quite often the evening come along and the sweet tooth kicks in... that an the hankering for a coffee! Well the coffee is no biggie I have two large with cream planned into everyday... can ya say addict lol. But its the damn sweet tooth.

Tonight I went to a kick-ass aquasize class and per usual I was hungry when I got home and wanted a snack... again no biggie as I plan this into my days when I know I am hitting a class. Well Jay (my hubby) also has a hankering for a coffee and something sweet and was heading to the local donut shop. He offered to buy me a donut and I said no... I thought long and hard about it and decided that I would eat my healthy planned snack and asked him to grab me two... just two donut holes. All fit it to what was left of my daily points and there was no need to break into my activity points or my flex points.

Not that long ago the evening would have looked more like supper, lay on the couch and watch TV and then eat two WHOLE donuts likely stuffed with whipped cream then toddle off to bed. Instead I came home had supper, walked to a further bus stop, went to the one hour class, came home and examined my choices and made one that worked on all the levels. The donut holes were enough to satisfy the sweet tooth and in the end I am quite proud of myself for looking at things a little differently. And ya know what as an added little bonus... those damn things were soooo sweet one would probably work next time. I had been told once I quit eating as much real sugar that I would find that it it was horribly sweet... and it happened lol


1 comment:

  1. Good for you. It's hard to do what is right for you all the time, but by allowing yourself those two donut holes you saved yourself a whole lot of grief!!!

    I'm so proud of you and what you are doing, and that you are doing it the healthy way rather than the "quick fix"...

    ReplyDelete