Tuesday, January 19, 2010

22.2 lbs gone... and yes I am still alive

I don't even know if anyone is out there anymore ;) Life gets so busy and I always have the best of intentions to update but the days just disappear and I never seem to get here!

So whats changed....

I ended up being off work for 6 WEEKS! the longest I have ever been without a jib. the bonus was lots of exercise though the wieght just didn't come off. I got stuck on a plateau and let me tell ya it was frustrating but better than a gain right!

I got back to work at the end of October... I went back to working with children with disabilities in an early education setting. Totally my dream job and the hours are amazing and the holidays even better... especially since the are all PAID! Paid summers off!!!! The kids are awesome... I am with the 2.5-4 year olds and its pretty incredible. they also keep us very active during the day and of course that's a terrific bonus!

My activity level had been less that desirable with the winter months... I always struggle to keep moving! I have been adventurous though and have tried belly dancing and for the first time since I was a teenager went tobogganing and ice skating!!! My eating has been on track so I think that was a big part of the plateau.

Christmas came and went and I gained 2 lbs which i was actually not too upset about. I am a Christmas candy junkie and my favorite parts of the dinner are the stuffing and the buns... of course none of the good stuff lol. I worked hard at trying ti limit the snacking food so I could limit the damage. So I added 2 lbs to the plateau number and sat there again for a few weeks!

today I finally saw a 4 lb drop! I was soooo happy! I think getting back to work after 2 weeks holidays was the key factor... I need that movement and the structured eating! Its definitely given me a boost to want to keep going down and move into that next lower size ( or two) by the time I need to buy spring close... those 22's I bought in September are getting a bit baggy in the bum so I think as long as I keep my new found focus a 20 or 18 will very soon be in my future!!!!

A couple pictures from my winter adventures...

Skating for the first time in 24 years... my hubby's first time on skates EVER lol



Tobogganing for the first time in 25 years



4 comments:

  1. Congrats on skating! I can't wait until I can skate again. Roller skates for me though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work! Weight loss takes time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you Kerri? Just going through some old notes and wanted to say hello. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete